Eusko Ikaskuntza - Laboral Kutxa Gazte Saria
Terms and conditions
This prize aims to acknowledge the work undertaken by young people in the field of Humanities, Culture, Arts and Social Sciences (projects, creative works, audio visuals, etc.)
Types of proposals to be awarded
Two types of proposals will be accepted:
- for the development of creative projects within the of Humanities, Culture, Arts - in the broadest sense: music, dance, painting, sculpture, literature, audiovisuals... - or Social Sciences.
- for research: residential visits in prestigious international universities/institutions to carry out research and/or artistic work of a scientific-academic nature in the of Humanities, Culture, Arts and Social Sciences.
Individuals and/or groups may apply for creative projects. In the research category, only individuals may apply.
Candidates, individual or group, must be young people born after 1987.
A single award of €6,000 will be granted.
The jury may the award void, if it considers it appropriate.
Conditions to be fulfilled
The person or group receiving the fellowship must participate in the award-giving ceremony.
An article must be written that includes the main contributions of the award-winning work for publication in the International Journal of Basque Studies, RIEV (under CC 4.0 licence).
The proposal must be original. Projects backed by other entities may not be submitted.
In promoting community ownership of the awarded works, mention must be made of the award-giving entities.
A sample of the award-winning work must be presented at the following year's award-giving ceremony.
For creative projects: the award-winning work must be carried out 2022 and 2023. Acceptance of the award entails the obligation to carry out the work presented. Payment of the award will be made on the day it is presented.
For research proposals: the awarded research must be conducted 2022 and 2024. The granting of the award entails the obligation to conduct the research presented. Payment of the award will be made at the beginning of the residential visit.
The terms and conditions of the award must be accepted in their entirety at the time of submitting each proposal.
The following criteria will be taken into account by the jury:
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidates
- Alignment of the content with the objectives of the award
- Innovative character
- Future projection
- Current issues
- Use of Basque
- International projection
- Work presented with a gender perspective and non-sexist use of language
Documentation to be submitted
Documentation to be submitted will be the following:
- Report of the work: title, summary, description of the specific objectives, chronogram or planning, general objectives (maximum five pages). Proposals that do not meet this requirement will not be accepted.
- Abbreviated curriculum vitae (standard form). In the case of collective candidatures, the CV of all its candidates. Collective candidatures must appoint a representative.
The brief curriculum vitae must be adapted to the model that can be downloaded from the Eusko Ikaskuntza website. The documentation must be sent in electronic format to email@example.com.
The submission of applications implies the express and formal acceptance of the requirements specified in the terms and conditions.
The dates for the submission of applications will be from 1 to 31 March 2022. The jury's decision will be announced in May 2022 and the awards will be given in the summer of 2022, health restrictions permitting.
The jury will be made up of experts in the of Humanities, Culture, Arts and Social Sciences.
Eusko Ikaskuntza and LABORAL Kutxa may exercise the exploitation rights of the winning project, in accordance with the terms and conditions of the award, which will not prevent the winner from making use of the work presented, if he/she expressly s this.