Manuel Lekuona Award
Terms and conditions
PRESENTATION OF CANDIDATES
Nominations for the prize may be submitted by any person or entity, provided that they meet the criteria set out in the rules. Nominations may not be submitted by persons who are deceased.
The evaluation criteria will be:
- Universal value
- Lifetime career
- Significant contribution to Basque Culture
- Dissemination of their work
- Lifetime not linked to unversity
The Jury may the Award void at their discretion.
In order to select the winner, votes cast through two channels will be combined:
1. Virtual participation open to the Global Basque Community, differentiating votes cast by Eusko Ikaskuntza members and those from non-members. An area will be set up to this effect on the website.
2. An institutional Jury composed by the Chairperson of Eusko Ikaskuntza and seven representatives of organizations of reference in the Basque Country.
The vote for selecting the winner will be weighed in accordance with the following percentages:
- Eusko Ikaskuntza members 30%
- Global Basque Community 10%
- Institutional Jury 60%
Eusko Ikaskuntza will ensure that the Manuel Lekuona Award winner selection reflects the different territorial realities of the Basque Country.
Taking into account Eusko Ikaskuntza's active stance for equality men and women, which was included in the preamble of its Statutes, and with the aim of correcting historical inequality, female nominations will be encouraged.
WHAT IS THE AWARD?
The award is concretized as a bronze sculpture created by artist Remigio Mendiburu and the publication of the winner's bio-bibliography.
The award ceremony will be held in the award winner's territory, during the first semester of the year following the award.
Applications shall be submitted in writing and duly reasoned and documented.
Candidates' CVs must be submitted on the attached forms. Applications submitted in different formats will not be accepted.
- Formalized form
- Presentation of candidates
- Curriculum Vitae
PRESENTATION OF CANDIDATES: those interested must submit their candidature via e-mail: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the nominations for the 2022 Award will be from 4th July to 11th September 2022.
From 3 to 9 October 2022 the virtual voting period will begin on Eusko Ikaskuntza's website.
Tel.: +34 943 310855