Palacio de Zubieta

Cuadernos de Sección. Artes plásticas y monumentales

Velilla Iriondo, Jaione

Publication year:
Publication place:
Donostia-San Sebastián

Download pdf


Zubieta Palace (Ispáster) has always belonged to the Yarza family. It was the tower from the way into the estuary was controlled. It had already been greatly transformed by the beginning of the 17th century. In 1716, construction was started on the present palace, knocking down the previous building and, in 1728, the sculpture of Saint Michael was added to the main facade. It is quite unusual model for Biscay, both due to the composition of its facade (a rectangle flanked by two towers) and to its square ground plan with a central patio
Facebook Twitter Whatsapp


Advanced search