Manuel Lekuona Award
Terms and conditions
PRESENTATION OF CANDIDATES
The evaluation criteria will be:
- Universal value
- Lifetime career
- Significant contribution to Basque Culture
- Dissemination of their work
- Lifetime not linked to unversity
The Jury may the Award void at their discretion.
In order to select the winner, votes cast through two channels will be combined:
1. Virtual participation open to the Global Basque Community, differentiating votes cast by Eusko Ikaskuntza members and those from non-members. An area will be set up to this effect on the website.
2. An institutional Jury composed by the Chairperson of Eusko Ikaskuntza and seven representatives of organizations of reference in the Basque Country.
The vote for selecting the winner will be weighed in accordance with the following percentages:
- Eusko Ikaskuntza members 30%
- Global Basque Community 10%
- Institutional Jury 60%
Eusko Ikaskuntza will ensure that the Manuel Lekuona Award winner selection reflects the different territorial realities of the Basque Country.
Taking into account Eusko Ikaskuntza's active stance for equality men and women, which was included in the preamble of its Statutes, and with the aim of correcting historical inequality, female nominations will be encouraged.
WHAT IS THE AWARD?
The award is concretized as a bronze sculpture created by artist Remigio Mendiburu and the publication of the winner's bio-bibliography.
The award ceremony will be held in the award winner's territory, during the first semester of the year following the award.
Applications shall be submitted in writing and duly reasoned and documented.
Candidates' CVs must be submitted on the attached forms. Applications submitted in different formats will not be accepted.
- Formalized form
- Presentation of candidates
- Curriculum Vitae
PRESENTATION OF CANDIDATES: those interested must submit their candidature via e-mail: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting the nominations for the 2020 Award will be from 1th July to 6th September 2020.
From 28 September to 4 October 2020 the virtual voting period will begin on Eusko Ikaskuntza's website.
The decision will be made public during Autumn 2020.
Tel.: +34 943 310855