Manuel Lekuona Award
Terms and conditions
PRESENTATION OF CANDIDATES
The list of candidates must be supported by:
- The Chairperson of Eusko Ikaskuntza, or
- A minimum of 3 members of the Advisory Board, or
- A minimum of 10 members of Eusko Ikaskuntza
The evaluation criteria will be:
- Universal value
- Lifetime career
- Significant contribution to Basque Society and Culture
- Dissemination of their work
The Jury may declare the Award void at their discretion. In the event of a draw, the award might be given ex aequo to more than one candidate.
In order to select the winner, votes cast through two channels will be combined:
1. Virtual participation open to the Global Basque Community, differentiating between votes cast by Eusko Ikaskuntza members and those from non-members. An area will be set up to this effect on the website.
2. An institutional Jury composed by the Chairperson of Eusko Ikaskuntza and seven representatives of organizations of reference in the Basque Country. The vote for selecting the winner will be weighed in accordance with the following percentages:
- Eusko Ikaskuntza members 30%
- Global Basque Community 10%
- Institutional Jury 60%
Eusko Ikaskuntza will ensure that the Manuel Lekuona Award winner selection reflects the different territorial realities of the Basque Country.
Taking into account Eusko Ikaskuntza's active stance for equality between men and women, which was included in the preamble of its Statutes, and with the aim of correcting historical inequality, female nominations will be encouraged.
WHAT IS THE AWARD?
The award is concretized as a bronze sculpture created by artist Remigio Mendiburu and the publication of the winner's bio-bibliography.
The award ceremony will be held in the award winner's territory, during the first semester of the year following the award.
Applications shall be submitted in writing and duly reasoned and documented.
Candidates' CVs must be submitted on the attached forms. Applications submitted in different formats will not be accepted.
The deadline for submitting the nominations for the 2017 Award ends on 25 June 2017.
From July 1 to 31 July 2017 the virtual voting period will begin on Eusko Ikaskuntza's website.
The decision will be made public during Autumn 2017.
Eusko Ikaskuntza – Basque Studies Society
Palacio Miramar. Miraconcha, 48
20007 Donostia/San Sebastián
Tel.: +34 943 310855
Fax: +34 943 213956